Developer and Support Analyst
Code: Developer and Support Analyst
Goldman Sachs is looking for young specialist for the position at Moscow Technology Team.
Minimal education level: Bachelor Degree
Minimal work experience: More than 2 years
Who we are
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Moscow, Bengaluru and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our clients’ interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Business unit overview
Moscow Technology Team is a member of the firm’s European Technology organization. The team provides technical solutions to a number of businesses located in the Moscow office such as Equity and Bond trading, Derivatives trading, Clearing and Settlement, as well as many others. The team consists of three groups: Information Security, Application Development and Technology Infrastructure.
This is a software Support Engineer position within the Application Development group. The group provides technological support to the wide range of in-house and external applications supporting various business functions in Moscow office, such as Swap Dealer Repository, Moscow Exchange, the Central Bank of Russia, the Tax Authorities reporting, local payments function etc. The Moscow architecture consists of vendor packages integrated with global GS systems.
Our group can offer unique opportunities for talented individuals with a desire to contribute with innovative ideas.
- The main responsibility of the candidate will be roll-out and support of local Russian software packages. Further integration of the local package with the global GS systems will be also a key function of the role
- The candidate will participate in projects directed to adjust GS global systems to meet Russian regulations and support business in Moscow. As a member of international team, candidate will perform wide range of activities from analysis and software development to testing and deployment
- The candidate will have extensive interaction with users in Moscow Finance, Operations and Compliance departments, other GS IT areas (Technical Infrastructure, Equities & Fixed Income Trading, Treasury, etc.) as well as external vendors and Russian regulators
- The candidate will report to IT managers both locally in Moscow and globally in London. While working on projects, he or she will have the opportunity to learn key aspects of the firm’s trading business, and understand both financial markets infrastructure and regulatory environment
We are looking for a very motivated and bright individual, who must be able to work both in a team and independently. The candidate should have strong communication skills, fluent Russian and working English. He or she should feel comfortable working with a group that both welcomes and challenges new ideas with the goal of gaining consensus. The successful candidate will be adept at problem-solving and comfortable taking the initiative when working with colleagues from a wide range of functional areas. He or she needs to be resilient to perform frontline support functions; persistent in overcoming obstacles; drive to follow through.
- Two years of software development and support experience in a commercial environment or equivalent working with financial applications in Russia
- Java or C# application development skills
- Knowledge of object oriented practices and terminology
- Practical SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux platforms including shell and Perl scripting
- Knowledge of common software design/engineering techniques and best practices for long term performance, usability, extensibility, security and functionality
An excellent opportunity to learn about Equity, Fixed Income, FX and derivative products
Gain direct hands-on experience in all aspects of middle- and back-office applications and workflows
As part of a global technology team there will be much exposure to other businesses and teams in other regions
Work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focussed on the delivery of robust, reliable software
Significant opportunities for personal development (technical and non-technical skills) through challenging projects, informal on the job mentoring and formal development through the GS University career development programme