Traineeship in the learning & development division
Code: Traineeship LnD HLMS
International Committee of the Red Cross inviting young specialists on a 4 months traineeship based in Geneva.
Contract: No information
Minimal education level: Bachelor Degree
Minimal work experience: Insignificant
The Global LnD team contributes to the ICRC's operations by offering institutional learning and development paths which support all staff members to effectively and efficiently take on their present and future roles. LnD delivers all core institutional learning programs. It is a global team of over 40 staff worldwide.
The ICRC Humanitarian Leadership and Management School (HLMS) is one of the main learning programs delivered by the LnD department. One of the main elements of the program is based on the individual leadership challenges for the participants which also reflect the main learning transferred to workplace by the participants.
The LnD Division is looking for a social data analyst to conduct an analysis of the behaviours and skills transferred based on the written assignments of the Work-Based Learning (WBL) phase of Module 1 of the HLMS.
He/she will work under the supervision of the HLMS Head of Sector. He/she will interact with other colleagues in the LnD Division.
- Analyse the main issues/challenges treated in the WBL assignments of the HLMS participants
- Analyse the skills and behaviours (developed through the HLMS Module 1) transferred by the participants to their working environments
- Build a qualitative and quantitative report out of the above analysis
- Create a DB to facilitate the analysis of the information collected
- Computer applications for data collection and analysis
- Research methodologies
- Knowledge of and/or have worked on a social behavior analysis
- Ability to present information to others to convey information
- Responsible and well organized
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Understanding of ICRC LnD programmes
- Open-minded, willing to learn about the ICRC and LnD work
- Good command of oral and written English (French is an asset)
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in social science or relevant fields
Length of assignment: 4 months
Starting date: October 2015
- The experience of working in an international, humanitarian environment, in the biggest humanitarian network in the world
- Increased knowledge about the ICRC and learning and development work
- Basic salary and benefits
- If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please submit your application (CV and letter of motivation) by Friday 21 August 2015. Reference: Traineeship LnD HLMS.