Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering a global markets equity trading off-cycle opportunity as a part of its global markets analyst internship. Application deadline — March 31.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a long-established participant in EMEA with a presence since 1922. With offices in over 30 cities, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a great place to start your career. We strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, rewarding and recognising individuals based on performance and results. Join our team and we’ll give you the highest level of training and mentoring support.
General information about the internship
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products — all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximise their performance.
Fixed term placements are available in trading and your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting traders, analysing client and market data to help develop trades, while learning the basics of risk management and market making
- Assist the traders in daily activities
- Analyse a number of potential transactions and make investment recommendations to the group
- Building spread historical databases to be used in the position taking decision process
- On-the-desk training specific to your desk allocation
- A buddy and mentoring programme
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation
- Keen interest in markets and macro economics
- Well read, entrepreneurial, hard working and gregarious
- Team working, leadership and problem solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and interact with a variety of people
- Ability to grasp a wide variety of products and to handle more projects simultaneously
How to apply
Please, submit your application before March 31, 2013. Applications are made online via the Bank of America website. Please note that we recruit on a rolling basis so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Эта новость переведена в архив, данные могли устареть или измениться